Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Mind Overload

I've had a lot on my mind lately and I didn't even know it. I suspected that my mind was almost to its maximum load when I couldn't find my cell phone yesterday after searching the house twice. (Yes, I did look in the fridge AND the freezer.) We don't have a home phone anymore so I couldn't just call it and hunt down the ringer. I finally just gave up and went to work.

It became pretty clear my mind had reached the maximum when Troy finally found my phone in HIS closet in a shirt pocket. As soon as he pulled it out of the pocket, the scene came flashing back to me....I had ironed shirts and started to carry them upstairs with several other items and thought the shirt pocket would be a convenient way to carry my phone.

This afternoon, it was glaringly obvious that I am definitely on overload. I was shaving my legs with my right hand, reached down with my left hand to make sure I hadn't missed a spot and shaved my index finger nail down to the quick! Thankfully, I just caught the nail. This was definitely a case of the right hand not knowing what the left was doing! Really?

I don't know what's been filling my mind. No major problems. Plenty of rest. But I have asked God to take whatever is taking up so much space so that I can function without hurting myself.

No comments: