Saturday, April 23, 2011

How Great Thou Art!

I just watched a clip of Carrie Underwood and Vince Gill singing "How Great Thou Art".

It made me have goosebumps, a lump in my throat, the urge to burst out in tears and joyous laughter all at the same time.

The video is from "Girls Night Out", a special which aired on CBS last night. The audience was a gathering of the stars of country music. As Carrie sang the last chorus, the audience rose with a standing ovation.

I think we are "built" with this desire to praise God and we allow life, circumstances, and our own selves to numb that desire. Although I'm sure the standing ovation was in part due to the talent on the stage, I chose, as I watched through tear filled eyes, to believe that this applause was for God. Even if the audience meant it for Vince and Carrie, ultimately, it's for God, their creator.

And for your viewing pleasure....

"How Great Thou Art" performed by Carrie Underwood and Vince Gill.

No comments: