Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Fine Line

Troy and I are thrilled...beyond thrilled, ecstatic.....to have a little-more-than-a-month long visit with Morgan and Connor. They are here now and will stay until the end of July/first of August.

The "love-them-to-pieces" side of me wants to spoil them with whatever they want since they will only be here for about a month. The "love-them-but-don't-want-to-establish-a-warped-since-of-Troy-and-Steph's-house-is-Disneyland" side of me wants to establish a routine and foster healthy habits that would be more in keeping with our house if they were to stay longer.

This struggle to walk that fine line clouded my mind all morning until I sat down for a quiet talk with my Savior. He formed my heart and knows it intimately. This morning, He sowed the seeds of peace in my brain. I know I will need the Living Water to douse these seeds on a daily basis, and He's promised to have the watering can handy. :)

I honestly don't know how those who don't know Jesus as their personal Savior do it!

No comments: