Friday, August 7, 2009

What now?

I've been wanting to write about the exciting thing happening in my life for quite some time. But I wasn't sure when it would happen. I also wanted details to be worked out before I really let it all out.

I've quit my job.

Yes, people, I quit my job.

Don't get me wrong. I love Sylvan. I love the people I work with. But I didn't love feeling that I was letting my husband down on one side, and my job responsibilities down on the other. I felt as if I were trying to juggle everything and I'm not a good juggler. Heck, I'm NOT a juggler. Multi-tasking is not my strong suit.

I've been feeling pulled in two different directions for a few months. I knew I was not being the wife or the employee God wanted me to be, or I wanted to be. When I was at home, I was thinking about work. When I was at work, I was concerned about home. I know many, many women (and men) deal with this all day, every day. I couldn't do it anymore.

My gracious boss understood and never once made me feel guilty about this decision. In fact, because it was in God's devine providence, it was what our center needed. I was able to move into a part time teaching position vacated by one of our best teachers.

God inspired wise men to write in Proverbs, "Don't weary yourself trying to get rich. Why waste your time?" That verse jumped out at me the end of June as we were studying it in Sunday School class. I realized time was going by at a frantic pace and I was willing it to go faster just to end the day, week, month, season so that I could start to relax. I was wasting time by wearying myself to "get rich" or feel comfortable. Really? That was comfortable?

I know the grass is always greener, but I know this is what God has determined for me for this moment in my life. Even as I'm only about three hours past cleaning out my office, I realize I'm looking forward to the next week with delight and not dread, with anticipation, not anxiety. I'm ready to discover what God has planned for me now. I'm ready to see how He provides all my needs when I put all my trust in Him and not in my paycheck. I'm ready to be the wife Troy desires. And I'm ready to feel whole again.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

I'm so happy for you....and myself! I get to spend more time with you. LOVE YA and excited for ya!