Monday, August 10, 2009

This!

My last post asked, "What now?"

My house said, "This!"

I had put housework on hold for the last....month! I did what I had to do to get by (laundry, dishes) but not much else. In fact, to be honest, nothing else. So today "THIS" consisted of laundry, dishes, clipping and filing coupons, cleaning out my purse (no small feat, let me tell you!), cleaning all four bathrooms, straightening the house, dusting, and running errands. I still have dinner to cook.

I know most of you are now opening the case of your imaginary violin, but I had let everything go for soooo long. I know "This" won't take me all day after I make some progress toward having a clean home, but today I'm a little overwhelmed.

I think I'm still in the mode of thinking, "I've got to get this all done today because tomorrow I won't have time." I've got time. So now my mantra should be, "Slow down, rapidly beating heart. Calm down, acids in the stomach. Time is no longer the enemy. Breathe!"

No comments: