Saturday, January 31, 2009

"Previously, on Lost"

Two Weeks Ago:
Fade in...Troy in Den, lounging on recliner unproductively watching syndicated episodes of Lost on the Sci/Fi channel...Stephanie doing something very productive in the kitchen.

Troy-"Rick and Victoria watch 24 together and rave about it. We should find a show we like watching together."
Stephanie- "I just don't really like any of the shows you like and you don't like the shows I like. Take that show, Lost, for example. I would probably really like it if I knew there was going to be a definite ending and that it wasn't going to string the viewers along and then end mid-season with no answers to the questions."
Troy- "Lost is only going to be on for 6 seasons. It's been predetermined."
Stephanie- "Oh. Well I might like watching that."


For the past two weeks:
Fade in....Troy and Stephanie both lounging unproductively in their loveseat recliner. Seasons 1-3 have played non-stop every waking hour on the DVD player. (Thanks Blockbuster)

Beginning of each episode:
Troy, in best announcer like voice- "Previously, on Lost." "I think I'm getting better at it."
Announcer, in better announcer voice- "Previously, on Lost."
Troy- "I'll get it by the end."

End of each episode:
Stephanie- "BAD WOBOT!"
Production company logo with children yelling- "BAD WOBOT"
Stephanie- "I'm good."

Don't you wish you lived in this Prescott Avenue home with Troy and Stephanie who have such lofty aspirations????

1 comment:

Janet said...

Um...yeah not so much...( I think I sounded like you this time.)

At least not if I have to watch Lost.