Sunday, January 11, 2009

Thou Shalt Not Forget to Put Out the Trash

I had a tough week last week.

I seemed to just struggle to get through the days, plus Troy was traveling. I felt as if my prayers to my loving Saviour were bouncing from the ceiling right back on my head.

And then this happened Thursday morning...

I turned on the radio as I normally do first thing, and took a shower. As I was taking a shower, I continued my talk with God. I basically said, "I don't know what to do, just tell me what to do and I'll do it."

"Turn off the radio."

"Really?"

"Turn off the radio."

So, I did when I got out of the shower. I thought it was so I could hear the still small voice God often uses to speak to me. But as I was putting on my make-up, I heard the faint sound of the trash truck and realized that I hadn't given even one thought to putting out the trash. I ran downstairs and put out the trash just as the trash truck came to my house.

I walked back up the stairs smiling and thanking God for being even in the small stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen! He even cares about our "trash". Just food for thought. :-)
Love ya!
Jenni