Friday, January 23, 2009

God: The Ultimate Alarm Clock

God woke me up this morning at 5:24.

Actually, I asked Him to help me.

Last night before I fell to sleep, I was very restless. I am really unhappy and unhealthy with my lifestyle at the moment. The lifestyle list keeping my mind restless last night was as follows: The master bathroom is a mess. The sheets need to be changed on our bed. I can't remember the last time the bedroom floor was vacuumed. This office is a mess (mostly because I'm being a brat and not "cleaning" until we get new office furniture. My bad, I know). I haven't exercised in about (wow, I started to write how many months and I can't remember. Another bad). I cooked dinner on Wednesday night. (Good, right?) And then shamed Troy into taking me out to dinner last night. (Bad! Wednesday night was the only night I've cooked in a week!) All I've wanted to do for the past month is sit, watch TV and crochet!!!

Not a good lifestyle. Hence the need for help. So last night, I decided to stop asking God for what I thought I needed (new diet plan, workout plan), and ask Him to help me do what He wanted me to do. (Of course then my mind started wondering again about new diets, exercise videos, and new workout clothes. God then helped me fall to sleep. Ha Ha)

I don't know what God is leading me to do. But I do know He wanted my out of bed at 5:24am. So, I'm heading downstairs now to have some quiet time (and coffee) with God. I'm anxious about His agenda. Although I'm pretty sure #1 is going to be spend time with Him. That's exciting. I'm ready to spend some time with the creator of the universe who is "especially fond of me".

I'll keep you posted.

No comments: