Friday, May 10, 2013

A Lot to Say...

It's been a while.  I know. 

It's not that I don't have anything in my life to write about.  It's just that most of the things in my life right now are better left in my life and not on the world wide web. 

I've posted this on facebook, but I think it bears repeating.  I've lost 81 pounds.  Nineteen pounds away from that illusive 100 pound loss.  It actually seems possible to lose 100 pounds now.  I'll have 82 pounds to go even after I reach that century mark.  But still. I now walk at least 15 miles a week.  This from a girl who really detested exercise.  I didn't write about it for a while because I had kind of lost my weight loss mo-jo for a few months.  It had consumed my life for a year and I was just tired.  I was comfortable in my 70 pound lighter body.  Then, one morning, I was reading about the Israelites and how they were living in the Promised Land but hadn't followed through with God's orders to rid the land of idols and idol worshipers.  I realized I was much like this chosen nation.  I was living in a much healthier body, but had not totally followed through with what God told me to do.  Food was still an idol and I was treating it as such.  He inspired me to start this journey anew but instead of focusing on the weight loss, I would focus on Him and His strength.  I believe He is very proud of what I've accomplished so far, but I'm not finished yet. 

After 7 years in our house, I finally have my living room decorated exactly as I want it.  For those friends in Oklahoma who knew me when I lived in my little "Barbie" house, you will be extremely bewildered with my sense of decorative style now.  To tell you the truth, this older and more mature "Barbie" and her wonderful "Ken" are much less enamored with pinks, blues, and florals.  The walls of the living room are gray.  The furniture gray and black with brown accents.  I really don't think the pictures do it justice.  But they give you an idea. 




We start on the kitchen in June.  We are remodeling it in black, brown, and red.  I think it will have a very nice, cozy, coffee-shop feel.  I'll post pics when we are finished.

In the midst of weight loss and home decorating, we have decided to take gluten out of our diets.  I've suspected for quite some time that Troy's medical issues would benefit from a gluten-free lifestyle.  But (as you wives know) it needed to be his idea to follow through.  So, as the words, "Maybe we should try this gluten-free thing," came out of his mouth, I was already on my laptop doing research.  I'm currently reading Wheat Belly by Dr. William Davis and am convinced that this change in our eating habits will be beneficial.  I've also been secretly observing the families in our church who have changed to gluten-free and are amazed at how much healthier they seem.  We plan to start this new way of eating after Troy is finished with this semester of seminary.  So, I'll keep you posted on how things are going with this change.  (A side note.  I'm so proud of my husband.  He is an elder candidate at our church.  He is taking a master's level seminary course.  He is teaching an adult Sunday school class.  AND He works in a stress filled full time job.  On top of all that, he makes sure that I get my quality time with him on "date night" once a week.  He's amazing!)

See?  I did have a lot to say.  And there's even more.....but that will have to wait until it is appropriate to share on the WWW. 


No comments: