Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Lather, Rinse, Repeat

First,  the shower head in my bathroom has decided to be clogged.  (Yes, Troy and I shower in separate bathrooms.  During my naive single years, I thought this was a sign of an unhealthy marriage.  In our case, it's a sign that I need a larger bath/shower combo and Troy is okay with the minuscule stall shower in the master bathroom.)  Okay, back to the point.  It was working fine and dandy on Sunday morning.  Then yesterday morning it just decided be "tired", or clogged, barely spraying heated water.  I thought maybe it was just a fluke.  Maybe even water in the line from the recent repair being done near our house.

Second,  Tuesday mornings are CRAZY for me.  I need to get out the door by 8:50 in order to make it to women's bible study on time.  That means getting through these tasks before 8:45:  exercise, pack breakfast and lunch for Troy, pack breakfast and snack for me, walk the dogs, review my lesson notes, shower, and get ready.  I know, probably most people could do that in 30 minutes with their eyes closed.  Not me.  It's like a marathon of focus for me to get through the tasks and get out the door on time. 

So, it's Tuesday morning.  I'm taking a bit of pride in the fact that I've been able to complete my list and am on track to leave my house on time.  I turn on the shower.  Well, it wasn't a fluke.  Because a fluke doesn't happen two days in a row, right?  Drizzle, drizzle.  Darn it!  And I have to wash my hair.  This is going to take FOREVER!  Oh, well...here we go.  I take a palm full of shampoo out of the large pump dispensing bottle.  Lather.  Rinse.  Rinse.  Rinse.  Rinse.  Rinse.  Finally ready for conditioner.  I pump another palm full of SHAMPOO and before I realize it, I have worked it through my hair instead of the conditioner I thought I had in my hand.  I really, really didn't need to lather, rinse, rinse, rinse, rinse, rinse, and repeat!

To quote one of my favorite lines from The Karate Kid, "Your focus needs more focus." 

1 comment:

Vicki Pearman-Morris said...

Honey, You are a hoot!