Friday, May 31, 2013

Just What I Needed

Friends. 

I don't have a lot of really, really close friends.  Maybe that's the way it's supposed to be.  I have a lot of friends.  But close friends (and women, you know what I'm talking about) are those friends who know almost an embarrassing amount of information about you and still manage to look at you without blushing or laughing hysterically.  My husband is one of those close, close friends.  But let's all agree, he's not a woman.  And sometimes we women just need time with those close women friends. 

I didn't realize how much I needed "girl time" until today.

My close, close friend, Jenni, and I have a running joke that we never make permanent routine plans to meet for a visit.  We just happen to "pencil" coffee time into our schedules when we can.  It works for us.  That makes me smile.  We had a "penciled" time this morning. 

It was just what I needed.

At the end of this good, very good visit, I got a text from a new friend who is quickly becoming a close friend.  She asked if I wanted to have lunch.  I looked at myself and then at Jenni.  I was wearing a t-shirt, shorts, and "Barbie" style flip-flops (just think pink, purple, flowers, and sparkles).  I had not styled my hair or applied makeup.  Jenni assured me that I looked fine.  So, away I went.  Sandra and I visited much of the afternoon away at Panera Bread.

It was just what I needed.

This day was just exactly what I needed.



No comments: