Saturday, September 3, 2011

Saturdays, Part 2

I wrote a post in May about Saturdays and how sacred they are in this home of the Wilsons. It wasn't until last night that I remembered that Saturdays are sacred for an entirely different reason during the months of September, October, November, and December.

College Football.

These College Football Saturdays usually start with "College Gameday" on ESPN. Enjoyed with a side of peanut butter waffles, bacon, and coffee. The rest of the day is a blur of football, halftime shows, beer commercials, and meals interrupted by bathroom trips and chip/drink runs.

So, today was the first College Football Saturday of the season. The weather here in Castle Rock even knew to cool down so that Troy and I could enjoy the games in the recliner with our blankets covering our legs (as it should be). By enjoy, I mean that Troy intently watches the game as I look up from my book, my crocheting, or my lap top when I hear the crowd roar. Don't get me wrong, I do like watching the games, but I also like the guilt-free feeling of doing exactly what I want as long as I sit with Troy. (Today, I finished reading "Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe".)

So, now the games I really wanted to watch are in full swing, so, let's end this first Saturday of the College Football Season with a bang and cheer for the team with the best uniforms! :)

No comments: