Saturday, May 28, 2011

Saturdays

There is something sacred about Saturdays in our house. It's the one day of the week we are allowed to sleep in. I don't "sleep in" as a rule. But I like that on Saturday morning it's allowed if I ever decide to take advantage.

Typically, both Troy and I start our sacred Saturday morning with breakfast and quiet time. Then we talk about the "agenda" for the day, which usually involves some house or yard work that has been neglected for too long.

We then work together on the tasks at hand. (With the occasional break to run to Home Depot. Because what is a Saturday of yard work or house maintenance without a run to the Depot?)

Saturday evenings are spent basking in the satisfaction of a productive, yet restful day.

I know this sounds a bit idealistic. And I admit, there are more than a handful of Saturday nights we go to bed either feeling very lazy for having done nothing productive or feeling frustrated because the day didn't measure up to the promise.

But all in all, Saturdays are good days. Sacred.

No comments: