Sunday, July 27, 2008

Troy Versus the I-Pod

Troy works as a Field Service Engineer in a company that installs and maintains batteries and generators for large companies so that if their power goes off, they still have back-up power so that the computers and other vital electronics in the building don't shut off. Very intense, technology-driven work. At any time, Troy is called upon to diagnose the origin of a problem in order to save a company thousands of dollars in lost productivity if the power is lost. I'm very proud of the work Troy does.

Just don't leave him alone in a room with an I-Pod!

Troy got an I-Pod yesterday. If you listened to him, you would think the I-Pod was a futuristic device inadvertently left behind by some alien life form during their last exploratory trip to Earth!

Let's just say that after much wailing and gnashing of teeth, Troy is a (disgruntled) registered owner of a new I-Pod Nano. He's learned to sync his new gadget with his music library and even downloaded a few podcasts.

I just hope God and the Colorado State Patrol are merciful with him as he tries to find his favorite song while driving on I-25!

No comments: