Thursday, July 31, 2008

He Loves Me! He Really, Really Loves Me!

I know you think this is going to be about Troy. It's not. Troy loves me more than anyone else in the world, but only in the capacity that a human can love.

After 20+ years of having a personal relationship with Jesus, it occurred to me yesterday morning that I really didn't believe He loved me in the way He says He does. No doubt, He loves me, but there are billions of people in this world that He loves just as much as He loves me. I'm one in billions that He splits His time between. Nothing special. He says He knows my name, the number of hairs on my head, even knew me before I was born. But He knows that about everyone, what makes me special? I'm just like everyone else in His eyes and in His heart.

And then it happened....

I heard the phrase, "God is NOT a big human." I've heard this before, but it struck a different chord in my heart. I was treating God as if He were just a bigger, better, new and improved human. He's not! Of course He can "split" his time between everyone. Time is nothing and everything to God. "Splitting" time between people or things is not an issue. He is everywhere at every time. He's rejoicing with me as I finally make this connection and at the same time comforting, healing, loving people everywhere.

My mind doesn't comprehend this Awesome God. I think I'll stop trying to "read" His mind and just bask in the knowledge that the creator of the universe created me. He had a plan for my life before the universe was formed. He knows all my flaws, yet only sees my righteousness through Jesus. He knows everything about me, my deepest thoughts, dreams, and fears. He laughs with me and weeps for me. And He loves me! He really, really loves me!

1 comment:

Robin said...

Awesome thoughts, Steph. I think I've often viewed God's love for me in that same "human" kind of way... thanks for this challenge!