Wednesday, February 6, 2008

At This Moment....

I'm learning to live in the moment. For example, at this moment I could be thinking about the clean laundry piled in the next room calling out to me to be folded. I could be thinking about the plastic serving dishes from our super bowl party still sitting in my kitchen sink needing to be washed. (I know, pretty gross, huh?) I could be thinking about that new episode of Project Runway that has just finished recording on TIVO upstairs. I could be thinking about any number of things that I didn't do or that need to be done. However, right now I'm enjoying the moment. Listening to Troy doing a much needed cleaning of his desk drawers (Me thinks he's procrastinating a work project.) We are listening to new wave music on the stereo....you know the kind that sounds like what floating on the ocean under a cloudless, starlit sky must sound like. I'm enjoying this moment because my dear Father in Heaven authored this moment for me before he created that ocean. If I had spent the moment regretting the missed opportunities or worrying about the upcoming events, I would have missed out on what God created for me in this moment.

Thank you, God, for teaching me to stop and "smell the roses", feel your presence, see you at work, hear your voice, and have a taste of the peace that passeth all understanding.

No comments: