Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Still Working

I stepped on the scale last night at the Weight Watchers meeting fully prepared to celebrate.  I knew I had lost weight. I suspected I had lost several pounds.  I was right.  I broke through that 300 pound mark with flying colors.  APPLAUSE!!!!

I actually now weigh 295 pounds.  I know this may seem like a gigantic amount of weight to some reading this post.  But at this point in my journey, 295 pounds sounds almost as good as 128 pounds.  Really!  Note that I said, "Almost as good."  I feel energized, like ever nerve in my body is chanting, "Good Job. Good Job. Good Job."

Although I'm so proud of this accomplishment, I know that God is working on me inside and out as I move from day to day, one step at a time along this journey.  All praise goes to Him and Him alone. 

Music and singing is my favorite form of worship.  When I sing to or about God I often find myself smiling from ear to ear or crying because my heart is overwhelmed with emotion.  On any given morning, I wake up with a song in my head.  This morning the song running through my head was He' Still Working On Me, a children's song I taught in vacation bible school.  The lyrics are as follows:  (sing along if you know it)
He's still working on me
To make me what I ought to be.
It took Him just a week to make the moon and stars,
Sun and Earth and Jupiter and Mars.
How loving and patient He must be.
He's still working on me.
There really ought be a sign upon my heart.
"Don't judge me yet, there's an unfinished part."
But I'll be perfect just according to His plan
Fashioned by the Master's loving hand.
In the mirror of His word, reflections that I see
Make me wonder why He never gave up on me.
He loves me as I am, and helps me when I pray.
Remember He's the potter, I'm the clay.
 He's still working on me
To make me what I ought to be.
It took Him just a week to make the moon and stars,
Sun and Earth and Jupiter and Mars.
How loving and patient He must be.
He's still working on me.
He IS still working on me to make me what I ought to be.  I love that He never gives up on me.  I have confidence that He never will. 

"Being confident of this very thing, that he who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Jesus Christ."  Philippians 1:6 (ASV) 
 

1 comment:

Jenni said...

This is me screaming and yelling and jumping up and down....


YEAH, Step, you made it! So proud of you! Way to go! I knew you could do it!!!!