Saturday, May 12, 2012

Pass the Pigs

No, this is not a post about my dieting endeavors...although that's a clever title.

"Pass the Pigs" is a phrase that I have never heard in my entire life.  But apparently, it's popular enough to make the list of the game Catch Phrase.  I looked it up online and found that "pass the pigs" is a game played with dice shaped pigs.  So there you have it. 

Really, did you think I would end there?

Troy and I have new neighbors across the street.  They are a very young couple with an adorable nine month old baby girl.  Their names are Clayton, Brianna, and little Aurora.  We met them the day they moved in and they have quickly made their way onto our list of favorite people. 

Last night, we were invited to their house for dinner.  (Brianna even added up all the Weight Watcher points and texted me the total so that I could plan accordingly! See why she's made the list?) After a wonderful dinner with delightful conversation, we decided to play Catch Phrase before dessert.  Girls against Guys. 

It never fails.  The team I'm NOT on gets phrases like "light switch" while my team is handed "a farewell to arms" to guess.  So, it was Brianna's turn to give clues while I tried to guess the phrase on the electronic game in her hands.  She gave great clues which led me to say "pass the pigs"  ????????? 

"Yes!" she shouted before handing the game to Clayton.  We both looked at each other as I mouthed, "Pass the pigs?"  and she lifted her eyebrows and shrugged her shoulders.

It was one of those priceless, funny moments that you wish could be captured on film.  Since I wasn't filming the game, I decided to capture it in a blog post.  I know that in years to come I will read this post and smile, remembering those sweet moments of budding friendships.

No comments: