Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Almost There

I heard a comedian, I think it might have been Jerry Seinfeld, say that he loves being "next in line".  The anticipation is wonderful.  "In fact," he stated, "Sometimes when it's my turn, I'll let the person behind me go ahead just so I can continue to be 'next in line'!"

I don't feel like that at all right now.  I am two pounds away from my first major goal...which is to be below 300 lbs.  Yes.  Yes, I just now told you how much I weigh.  You read it right.  Basically, I got over the whole "not-telling-anyone-how-much-gravitational-pull-the-earth-has-on-my-body" a while ago.  I figure anyone with eyes can see that I weigh more than 120 lbs.  So, why keep it a secret.  And that number doesn't define who I am. But that number DOES represent my life-long battle with weight.  Mostly, it represents my failures. 

I worked HARD last week.  I am not going to repeat those failures!  I pushed through cravings and hunger and laziness.  I did a lot of self talk and a lot of God talk.  I played a lot of Hungry Games.  When I stepped on the scale last night, I was confident I had lost weight.  And I was thrilled to see I had lost 5.2 pounds!  So, so proud of me! 

I'm so close to the first major goal.  I can see it, I can feel it.  I'm almost there! 

1 comment:

Patti G said...

Yay! Yay! Yay!

The enemy always wants us to isolate ourselves. He wants us to think we are alone, we should be ashamed. Welp, you're not alone and there's not shame. So there! To continue the overuse of an overused phrase, you go girl!!