Thursday, December 29, 2011

Oh, The Things I Find

Today is the day I go through receipts, bills, and pay stubs to figure out where we are after the holiday craziness.  I know, Dave Ramsey would have a complete mental breakdown if he knew how we handle our household finances.  We are good stewards of God's money.  We just have our own way of stewarding.  Really.

So I open my top desk drawer.  (The one containing said receipts and bills.)  It was bursting forth with folded summaries of exchanged money.  So, I removed those and then noticed that this drawer had also somehow become the catch-all for things that didn't exactly have a designated resting place. 

I noticed that I kept repeating the same words as I pulled items one by one out of the bowels of the drawer:
"There's that....."
"That's where I put the...."
"I've been looking for this...."

And among the hidden treasures were:
-A checkbook to an account that has been closed for six months
-A crumpled piece of paper containing user names and passwords (I have since changed them all because I couldn't remember them)
-A sheet of two cent stamps sent to us by our realtor in 2006 after the postage stamp price increased and before the "Forever" stamp was invented.
-A piece of paper containing a user name and password Troy told me not to lose.  For the record, it's not lost-----anymore.

So now every one of these long forgotten items is on my desk.  (I'm reaching over them to type this post.)  Where shall they go?  Probably back in the drawer.  But at least now, I can look at this post and remember what's in there.  Kind of like a map.  See?  It's all good.....and apparently it's all in my top desk drawer.

No comments: