Friday, December 16, 2011

Dinner Parties

Dinner party--just what the name implies:  a party involving a dinner.  I LOVE dinner parties.  I think it's because when I was young I thought dinner parties sounded so sophisticated.  It's also because a dinner party doesn't foster unrealistic expectations, such as:  Will I find someone to talk to?  Can I eat while standing, while balancing a glass of wine?  Will I be interesting or sit by myself in the corner?At a dinner party, the guest list is usually small, your seat is designated and you usually have someone to talk to. 

Troy and I hosted a dinner party tonight and invited three couples (one couple couldn't attend due to travel plans).  We had a wonderful time.  The conversation was delightful.  In fact, the conversation didn't lag once during the 4 hours we all sat around the dining room table.  We conversed about a wide variety of subjects ranging from the television show "Big Brother" to the faithfulness of Corrie Ten Boom.  From Alcoholics Anonymous to zippered sweaters.  The guests started making plans to leave at about 9:15 pm and we continued to visit until 10:30 pm.  LOVE!

Thanks Judy, Bill, Doug, and Willo for a wonderful evening.


No comments: