Saturday, December 10, 2011

It's Baaaaack

I thought I may have dodged it this season. Thought maybe all the snow we had been getting lately had helped to push it away. But, it's here.

The little black cloud has found its way to my personal space and has taken up residence. I felt it coming yesterday, but I took away some of it's power when I helped out a couple of friends. Doing for others always shrinks the darkness, never quite taking it away, but definitely making it a little less ominous.

In fact, this morning, I was doing great. I thought those little acts of kindness had disintegrated the cloud. I was happily wrapping and packing Christmas presents. I was determined to get them on their way today. After two trips to three different stores to finish up little things, my mood was still good. Tired, but good.

Then it hit me, blind sided me, actually. I was almost finished packing and decided to make sure that the newly opened Postnet down the street closed at 4:00 pm. If so, I still had an hour and a half to finish up. Well, my friends, Postnet closes at 2:00pm on Saturday. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! It was like one of those movie scenes where the character faces such a startling disappointment that they fall to their knees with their head thrown back screaming and the camera does a swift "back away" so that the last shot is a UFO picking up the sound of the distressed character screaming, "NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

Too much detail? Welcome to my mind.

Anyway, it was a free fall, down hill drop in disposition the rest of the day. I finally finished the gifts at about 3:00 pm, drove into town, paid an arm and a leg at the UPS Store to ship my day's work. And I still needed to come home to a filthy kitchen, four loads of laundry, and unmade dinner. That's enough to make a girl need two pair of big girl panties.

So, here I am....With the seasonal black cloud that sneaks up on me every fall and doesn't quite leave until March or April. Some days are better than others.  I'm usually able to "fake" my sunny demeanor during this time of year, but if you notice I'm not my usual smiley self, feel free to shake your fist at the little black cloud directly above my head.  Maybe you can scare it away.

1 comment:

Jo Julian said...

I am thinking of you, my friend,and praying our Lord will give you His Peace through this hard time. If you need my help for anything or would like to get out and do something fun let me know.