Friday, July 29, 2011

Empty

My house is empty.

So are my emotions.

Everyone left on Wednesday morning. Troy to work. Mom, Dad, Morgan, and Connor to Oklahoma. It's just me and my emptiness.

I haven't written until this point because I didn't know how I was feeling or what to say. At first I thought I was just bone-tired. We packed a lot into 4 weeks. Then when tears filled my eyes Wednesday night, I thought I was depressed. But I think I'm mostly just empty.

I keep thinking about little things that were a normal part of my day for the past month that are not here anymore:

Connor's footsteps coming up the stairs from his bedroom in the morning. And with sleep still in his eyes saying, "I'm bored."

Peeking in on Morgan at 1:00 in the afternoon to make sure she's still alive to see her lying in bed curled up with a Harry Potter book. (She read the whole series again while she was here.)

Connor playing Wii sports while I'm making dinner and hearing his little delighted voice saying, "I'm really good at this!"

Girl talks with Morgan as we drove from point A to point B. LOVE THOSE CAPTIVE MOMENTS!

Watching Connor take on "big boy" responsibilities like helping clean the table after dinner and ordering for himself at a restaurant.

Hearing Morgan learn to take a compliment gracefully.

No Spongebob, no YouTube references, no day trips to explore museums and amusement parks, no fun filled discussions at the dinner table.

Empty.

That's all.

No comments: