Thursday, July 7, 2011

Calendar of Events

I tried. I really, really tried. But I just can't do it. I can't just let a day happen and plan events accordingly. When did this happen? When did I become the cruise director?

I admit it. I've always wanted to have vacations planned. Mostly because I wanted to pack everything I could into those limited days. But to have every day planned?
I think it started when I stopped working full time. I no longer had my day planned based on what needed to be completed by a deadline.

I started pondering this as I looked at the "Calendar of Events" for July attached to the refrigerator. It didn't just appear. I worked long and hard on it.

The obsessive compulsive part of me understands the Museum Mondays, Take-turns Tuesdays, Wacky Wednesdays, Thrifty Thursdays, Family Fridays, Special Night Saturdays, and Simple Sundays. The practical side of me knows that I need to have things planned so that I can find coupons and directions for the outing. And the rest of me loves the ability to look at the calendar and tell the ever-questioning seven year old boy what we have on the agenda for the next day.

So what's on the agenda for this Thrifty Thursday? The pool and the library.

No comments: