Thursday, September 5, 2013

My Day Off

Thursday is my official day off, well in Stephanie World anyway.  Every other day of the week is filled with homemaking responsibilities, volunteer duties, or just general on the go craziness.  So, at the point that I became a full time house wife, I decided that Thursday was going to be aside to recharge my batteries.  Now, don't get me wrong.  Thursday is also my "catch up on laundry" day.  I need to be a little productive, other wise I will feel horrible when Friday rolls around.  But on Thursday, instead of getting out of bed and getting dressed for my morning walk (before I'm lucid enough to talk myself out of it), I lay in bed until I absolutely have to get up and pack Troy's lunch box.  I then dress in the comfies I will wear ALL DAY LONG.  No two mile walk, no walking of the dogs.  Just the blessed feeling of anticipation as I ponder my self indulgent to do list. 

I thank God that I have a husband who appreciates me and advocates for my Thursdays.  He also reaps the benefits of a wife ready to tackle the next seven days with more energy and a better attitude. 

No comments: