Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Whew! I Needed That!

The past six weeks have been a struggle on the weight loss journey. 

I felt like I was riding a 10-speed bicycle up Mount Everest on the lowest speed.  I was still making progress (very slowly) but at the expense of wearing myself out by peddling as hard as I could!

Then last week it happened: I finally lost a significant amount of weight.  And then this week I lost another significant amount.

I've lost 66 pounds since the end of January.

I look at that amount and am amazed by the way my Lord and Savior has worked in my life.  Because in the end I know that it is only through His strength that I am able to bike up Mount Everest at all.  And I know that when I feel like I'm about to give in to this stronghold, He gives my bicycle a little nudge to remind me He's there.  That's all I need to keep going.

2 comments:

davidbraun said...

Congratulations! Thanks for continuing to share the story of your journey.

Laura said...

Stephanie, are you sure this isn't a result of that facebook photo I shared, making you lose your appetite? :-) Seriously, though, congratulations. This is no easy feat!