Saturday, August 4, 2012

New Jeans

January 29, 2012: 
I'm going to the theater to see "One For The Money" with friends.  I have ONE pair of pants I can wear.  Seriously, my closet is full of slacks and jeans, sizes ranging from 14-20 [these being the 'fat' jeans my friend gave me when she made a major weight change] and 26-28, and I have ONE pair of size 28 stretchy black slacks I can wear.  (And they are stretched to the breaking point.)  I've made the decision to start Weight Watchers on the 31st and am finally ready to make some major changes. 

June 2012:
Finally able to move and breath in my size 26 jeans (28s are now too slouchy big). 

July 2012:
The size 26 jeans are now too frumpy looking and my friend's former 'fat' jeans only go up to size 20.  (Oh believe me, I have tried them on and can even get one pair zipped, but breathing wasn't an option.)  So I have a gap between 26 and 20....MUST GO SHOPPING.

August 3, 2012:
Standing in the Lane Bryant dressing room in a pair of size 24 jeans. These are a bit on the baggy side!  I asked the saleslady if they would shrink.  She said (and I quote), "No, you need a smaller size!" 

My heart SANG!  I can't remember the last time in my life a saleswoman (or anyone for that matter) told me I needed a smaller size!!!!!  So, I came home with a size 22.  They are a bit snug, but they feel good.  Really good, in so many ways.

2 comments:

Birdie said...

Yay!!! So very excited for you! :D You are amazing. (I am almost ready to go down a size; not quite there yet.)

Patti G said...

Whoo-hoo!!!!