Monday, February 27, 2012

A Box of Chocolates

Go ahead.  Do your best Forrest Gump impression and get it out of the way.  :) 

I'm in no way a chocoholic.  I like chocolate, but only in specific ways.  I almost gave you a list of chocolate items I like, but I think it will be easier to list the types of chocolate I can pass by.  I'm not a fan of dark or white chocolate (unless we're talking White Mocha Latte from Starbucks).  Give me a good milk chocolate and I'm a happy girl.  Chocolate cake, chocolate pie, and chocolate pudding do not whet my appetite, although I am fond of chocolate frosting. 

I like milk chocolate when molded into a solid, such as M & M's, or Dove chocolates, or my all time favorite chocolate candy in the entire universe:  (drum roll please)...Cadbury Mini Eggs!!!!!!!  I also like milk chocolate wrapped around a decadent center of caramel, coconut filling, toffee, or any kind of nut. 

Why at this time in my life am I discussing these calorie laden morsels of delight?  Because every afternoon at 3:00, I enjoy a decadent little ritual.  I open the pantry door and pull out a box of chocolates.  I lift the lid and enjoy the sweet smell.  I then pick out three candies to eat as my afternoon snack.  Yes, yes I do. 

Three chocolates add up to six points in the Weight Watcher system.  They are the best 6 points I have all day.  I say this not only because they taste so darn good, but these six points of chocolate help me feel normal.  Normal because I don't have to feel guilty while eating them.  Normal because I can enjoy the taste without worrying about where the calories are going  (I've already accounted for them).  These three pieces of chocolate also make me feel pampered.  Who else do you know who puts a box of chocolates on their grocery shopping list every month?  ;) 

So, today at 3:00 pm Mountain Time, you know what I'll be doing.....

No comments: