Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mom and Me


Mom was 17 when I came into her life. She and Dad had been married a year and she felt she was ready for a child......at 17. This is my favorite picture of us. She was 19 and I was almost two.
Mom and Dad are here for their annual spring visit. As we sat at the dinner table tonight, mom and I agreed that we "grew up" together. I couldn't have had a better role model. I'm the wife I am today because of her example. If I had children I would base the majority of my parenting skills on her parenting style.
What other mother had a "tee pee" set up in our front yard when I got off the school bus so that we could have a tea party in the tee pee? What other mother knows Jenny's phone number as well as I do......867-5309? What other mother believes that I can do whatever I want, even when I don't believe that I can?
Love you, Mom!

No comments: