Monday, April 13, 2009

One of THOSE Days

I'm having one of those days. You know the ones. And it's still early. Should make for a wonderful week.

Troy left this morning for a week long job in Boise, Idaho. I have the day off today because I work this week Tuesday-Saturday. So, I have the whole house to myself for a whole day. You would think this would be great, right? Apparently, I'm mental or something because all I can think about is all the things I want to do today and that there is not enough time!

I'm an insane crazy person to be stressed out by this situation.

Let's make a list of why I should be thrilled.
1. I have the day off.
2. I have no outside pressures.
3. I don't have to go anywhere.
4. The sun is gorgeous outside.
5. It's a beautiful day.
6. No cooking for anyone but me all week.
7. TV remote is ALL MINE for the next week.
8. I have a good book to read.
9. I have friends who I can go see if I want.

Now, in my warped, twisted way of thinking today, here is my list of things I really want to do in the next 12 hours:
1. Finish arranging and cleaning the basement for my parents' visit next month.
2. Put books and projects away in the new office.
3. Work on crochet gifts.
4. Do laundry including bed linens.
5. Make doctor appointment to discuss headaches.
6. Spend some time outdoors today.
7. Work on music for fall retreat.
8. Clean top floor of house. (It's been neglected for far too long.)
9. Take movies back to Blockbuster after I finish watching the last one.
10. Visit with my friend Jenni
11. Make jewelry.
12. Do my nails.
13. Have quiet time with my Savior.
14. Pick out and prepare clothes for this week.

See my dilemma?

Okay, you probably don't. I understand. I just needed to get it out there.

I think most sane people would say, "Prioritize your list and start at the top." And to that I say, "I know how to prioritize and start at the top." However, everything seems like top priority to me right now.

Actually, writing them all down did help. And I really know that Jesus time is really the top priority. So, I'll start there. And the rest will fall into place.

So, I'll get up from this counselor's couch and start my journey into this beautiful day.

Thanks. Check's in the mail. : )

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Well, I'm glad to see I made your Top 10 List! I even offered to take you with us to run errands...(getting outside to enjoy the sun). BUT, we will probably be gone far longer than you wanted to be gone. I am very inspired by your list though....I will sit down and make mine when I get home from running errands. Thanks for the inspiration (I am singing You're the Inspiration now) and friendship! Love ya tons!