Friday, September 26, 2008

Wow, I'm in Hawai'i, Part Two!

9/25/08

What can I way about the USS Arizona Memorial in Pearl Harbor that hasn't already been said? Tears stung my eyes and a lump caught in my throat as I walked through the doorway of the white hallow tombstone which divides the USS Arizona graveyard into two separate sections. One of the things that moved me the most was the list of names of men who had actually survived the Pearl Harbor attack but had asked to be buried not with their family on the mainland, but here with their brothers. The loss of their comrades had haunted them their whole lives to the point that they wanted to be with them again.
Troy and I needed the rest yesterday morning so we didn't get to Pearl Harbor in time to visit the aviation museum or the USS Missouri. We are going back to do that on Friday. On the way back to the hotel, I spotted a roadside attraction called Wally Ho's Garage and Grill! Now I'm on a mission to eat at Wally Ho's on Friday! I bought a new swimsuit at Walmart and have plans to put it into action today. I love plus size Samoan women! These stores have much better large size clothing than Denver does!

No comments: