Tuesday, September 30, 2008

It's Already Over?

Tonight, Monday night, is our last night in Waikiki, Ouahu. We've had a great time, but we are ready to get back to normal life. We've spent almost every morning lazing around after our McDonald's run. Then around 10:00 am, we start deciding what to do during the day.

Friday, we visited the USS Missouri Battleship. This is the ship where the treaty ending WWII was signed. I took a picture of Troy standing where General McArther sat as he signed. Before we went to the museum, Troy humored me by taking me to lunch at Wally Ho's Garage and Grill. Troy said later that he had a little bit of indigestion. I said, "Really?!?! I can't imagine why after eating at Wally Ho's Garage and Grill!" You should have seen the look he gave me!

Troy worked part of the days on Saturday and Sunday. I shopped on Saturday and spent all day at the beach Sunday, where I got a bit of a nasty sunburn.

Sunday was our anniversary so we walked down the street to P.F. Changs to eat dinner and then window shopped on the way back.

Today, we drove up to the North Shore, known for it's huge pipeline surfing. Not many large waves today, so we drove along the shoreline back to Waikiki.

I think we've had a great vacation. I've always heard that a great vacation is the kind that you've enjoyed but that you are ready to go home when it's time to go home. That would be the best description of this vacation.

No comments: