Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The New and Improved Dining Room

As most of you know, two years ago, Troy and I bought a foreclosed property. Our beloved house had been abandoned for over a year and a half and hadn't been winterized, so needless to say, we had multiple burst pipes. In fact one of the most memorable things about the buying process was our realtor, Greg Eckler, standing in the middle of the empty dining room, trying to stop the flow of water gushing from the baseboard as the inspector turned on the main water valve.

In the process of repairing the leaks, Troy and his dad had to tear out the sheet rock and some of the ceiling of the dining room. Soon after moving in, Troy and I were blessed to find our very own "Bob the Builder" who repaired the sheet rock and ceiling in the dining room as well as other wall and ceiling repair in other parts of our house.

I love having a dining room. And almost since the moment we moved in, I've been thinking about what I wanted to do to make it truly my dining room and not the stark white square room with the huge window. Troy and I started talking about it and with a little nudging, I finally talked Troy into putting in some effort on making the room our own. We finally finished it this week. I love it.

These "before" pictures weren't actually taken as "before" pictures. I was taking pictures of the Christmas decorations:



So, here's the New and Improved Dining Room: (These are definitely taken as "after" pictures.)






1 comment:

Janet said...

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!