Sunday, April 6, 2008

"Hello, George" and "Dude.........."

I've written before about my innocent fetish with phrases and odd comments.....remember "I like Rain." Anyway, lately, my co-worker friend Balbi has started saying "Hello, George" as a substitute for more colorful language. Also, there's a beer commercial that stops me in my tracks every time it airs..........the "Dude..." guy. I don't know why this commercial intrigues me...it just does.

Last weekend, Troy and I went on a little bit of a spending spree. We've needed new furniture in the family room for quite some time. Anytime we have more than one other person over, we run out of comfortable seating. We found a burgundy leather recliner love seat and couch at Lazyboy that we loved, so we bought it. "Hello, George!"

But before we decided to buy it, we went to the HUGE American Furniture Warehouse to check out less expensive furniture. While there, we were frustrated by the antics of the drivers in the parking lot. "Dude.........."

On Sunday, we shopped for wall decor and an area rug at (1) Home Depot (2) Linens-n-Things (3) Kohls (4) Target. "Hello, George!"

We found an area rug at Target that I really liked in the Target lighting but didn't so much like in the family room when we got home. To this Troy replied, "Dude....."

I know I'm kind of rambling but I've been reminded several times that I haven't updated my blog. I only have one thing to say....."Hello, Dude!"




2 comments:

Janet said...

What-ever!

Balbi Hall said...

I love that you have picked up on my phrase!!!