Thursday, August 1, 2013

Drum Roll, Please....

Just a few notes before you look through the before and after pictures of the kitchen:

1.  It takes me MONTHS to finish decorating a room with pictures and shelf decor because I take my time and pick up things I like in different places, at different times.  So If you thought that I would have the pictures "staged" appropriately, all I can say is, "Come for a visit in about a year."  Maybe it will be finished then.

2.  Troy warned me the color scheme I used would be dark.  And it is.  But it feels very cozy to me.  And since I'm the one in this house who spends the most time in this room, my comfort is what matters, right?

3.  There is less counter clutter!  That is, in part, due to the new FREE kitchen island storage and to the new pantry door rack.  But it's also due to the fact that I haven't yet uncluttered my dining room and placed everything back in the kitchen.  (It's on my "to do list" for today.)

Before

After

Before
 
After

Before


After









1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the darker cabinets... they do make it feel cozy! You guys did a great job :)